The treadmill mat is a very essential item to prevent your treadmill machine as well as your flooring from damages.
Treadmill mats are relatively inexpensive - they usually cost between $30 to $60 each. Why use a treadmill mat?
1. Avoid fibers from the carpet getting into the treadmill.
If you place your treadmill on the carpet floor, after a period of time some of the carpet fibers will work their way into the treadmill motor and eventually causing damages to the motor.
2. Prevent damages to your floor.
Your flooring (carpet floor, wooden floor, ceramic floor or any other types of floors) can be easily damaged by the vibrations and impact from your treadmill while in operation.
What type of treadmill mat should you buy?
Mat size : The standard mat size is around 6.5 feet x 3 feet (78" x 36"). This should be big enough to take care of most of the smaller treadmill models in the market. However, if you've a big treadmill, you may need to buy a much larger mat for the machine. In other words, you need to know the dimensions (length and width) of your treadmill before deciding which is the best treadmill mat size for you.
Mat thickness : Thickness usually ranges from 1/4" (about 6.5mm) to 3/8" (about 9.5mm). Of course, the thicker the mat, the more expensive it will cost you. The thicker mat will be better if you have a large and heavy treadmill. For a small machine (such as a manual treadmill or a motorized treadmill costing below $500), 1/4" mat thickness should do the job pretty well.
Mat Materials : Usually made of closed cell foam material and high density PVC. You can also find treadmill mats made of thermoplastic vinyl (such as those made by Treadmill Doctor) which are slightly more expensive than foam and PVC.
Recommended Treadmill Mats
Stamina Fold-to-Fit Folding Equipment Mat (84 inches x 36 inches)
- Fold-to-fit equipment mat for protecting floors from unsightly blemishes and scuffs
- Works with stationary bikes, elliptical trainers, rowing machines, home gyms, and more
- Closed-cell foam material absorbs impact, eliminates vibration, and keeps out carpet fibers
- 7 folding sections makes it easy to customize fit; also absorbs shock from aerobic workouts
- Textured, nonslip pebble surface cleans easily
- Measures 84"W x 0.25"T x 36"D inches
This mat is ideal for treadmills, stationary bikes, elliptical trainers, steppers, rowing machines, Pilates reformers, Gyrotonic Transformer , ski machines, BandFlex Home Gym, weight benches, and mini trampolines - Place under equipment to protect carpet and floors - Tough yet soft enough to absorb impact, eliminate vibration, and stop carpet fibers from getting into the moving parts of your equipment -Textured, non-slip pebble surface is easily cleaned -Divided into seven 12" folds - 1/4" thick closed cell foam material.
Body Solid Super Mat RF36T Treadmill Mat
- Treadmill and equipment mat designed to protect floor from scratches and dents
- Super-tough PVC material sits under treadmills, ski machines, and more
- Prolongs life of equipment by keeping out floor and carpet dust
- Dampens the vibrations that cause wear and tear on your equipment
- Measures 36 by 0.12 by 78 inches (W x H x D); 1 year warranty
Treadmat is perfect for treadmills, ski exercisers or as a general aerobics mat. Super-tough, durable PVC material helps protect your floors and carpets from the damaging effects of heavy exercise equipment and debris from mechanical parts. Prolongs the life of your equipment by helping to prevent floor and carpet dust from entering belts and mechanical parts. Dampens vibrations that cause wear and tear to equipment and muffles noises so family and neighbors are not disturbed. Dimensions: 78"L x 36"W x 1/8" thick.
Exercise Equipment Floor Mat 3' x 6.5'
- Extra thick (7mm)
- Prevents floors from damage caused by heavy exercise equipments
- Perfect for use under treadmills, exercise bikes and other exercise equipments
- It provides superior traction from slip resistance
- Allows for extra flexibilty because it is longer than most exercise mats
This extra thick 7mm Exercise Equipment Floor Mat helps to protect your carpeted, hardwood, and tile floors from damage while using exercise bikes, treadmills, stair climbers, etc. This floor mat also provides superior traction that will keep your equipment from sliding while in use. This mat is longer than most other mats to allow flexibility during use. It will not damage the surface below and can be reused for years! You will not find a better and more durable floor mat.
Gympak PVC Treadmill Equipment Mat (36 x 78 Inches)
- High density black PVC, feel the difference
- Lessens vibrations caused by machines
- Protect any surface
- Will not bleed onto carpet
This Gympak high quality equipment mats will protect your floor surface from scratches dings and normal wear and tear caused by machines. Material: Non-bleeding, high density, black PVC mat made by Gympak.
Treadmill Mat - 1/4inch Thick by Rubber-Cal
Rubber-Cal's Treadmill Equipment Floor Mat is a 1/4 inch thick recycled rolled rubber mat that is available in 2 sizes: a 4ft x 6.5ft and a 4ft x 7.5ft and is perfect for a variety of applications. Being that this material is made of 100% recycled rubber, this mat is a ecologically responsible product. This product is excellent for either indoor or outdoor applications due the high contents of EPDM (i.e. a UV/Ozone resistant elastomer) found in the recycled tire rubber.
ProImpact Treadmill Mat
ProImpact treadmill mats are the same high impact professional grade material used in health clubs and by professional sports teams. Made in the USA from rescued tires, these mats are "Super Green" and will not compress, indent or curl like foam mats. This size mat is made for today's treadmills and other exercise equipment. This is a very heavy mat. Size: 36x78x6mm