Treadmill Lubrication | Treadmill Lubricants
All manual treadmills need periodic maintenance and belt lubrication to reduce friction and wear. Failure to do so can substantially shorten the lifespan of your treadmill especially the treadbelt. This is because, when you walk / run on the machine the treadmill belt revolves around the roller and over the deck, generating friction and heat that cause the belt to wear out.
If it is a new manual machine, you may need some time to get used to walking on the treadmill and to break it in. If the walking resistance is still too high, check the belt tension. The belt resistance can be reduced by applying a good quality treadmill lubricant between the belt and the board (deck).
Caution: Do Not Overlubricate. Overlubrication (applying too much lubricant) can cause the belt to slip.
Treadmill lubricants are either wax or silicone (non-petroleum-based). Your treadmill owner manual usually contains information or recommendation of the proper type of lubricant/brand that's best for the machine. Or, you may use any of the following types that we recommend:
1. LifeSpan Fitness 100% Silicone Treadmill Belt Lubricant
- 100% pure silicone with no odor, no propellants and no distillates.
- The lubricant was created to service all treadmills that utilize a silicone based lubrication system.
- 4 oz bottle with universal pump sprayer.
- 4 applications per bottle for a (1) year supply.
2. Horizon Fitness Silicone Treadmill Belt Lubricant
- Silicone lubricant.
- Easy to use.
- Helps reduce treadmill noise.
- Reduces wear and tear.
- Comes in package of 3 bottles for 3 applications.
3. Silicone Treadmill Lubricant
- 8oz bottle - enough for 8 applications.
- For all treadmills that use a non-petroleum, silicone lubricant.
- Contains no harmful solvents, petroleum distillates or propellants.
- 100% Silicone.
- Plus free 8oz Eco-friendly belt cleaner.
4. Lube-N-Walk Treadmill Lubrication Kit
- Easy to use - comes with lubricant and applicator wand.
- 6 month supply of Silicone Lube.
- Removes dirt.
- Prolongs belt life.
See More Treadmill Lubricants