Phoenix 98516 Easy-Up Manual Treadmill
The Phoenix 98516 Easy-Up Manual Treadmill is an economical yet reliable walking treadmill with smooth, quiet operation. This treadmill is outfitted with a heavy-duty weighted flywheel and a sturdy 41.5" by 13.5" running belt that respond to your walking/jogging speed. The faster you run, the faster the belt spins, letting you reach whatever speed is comfortable. It offers a single-button electronics display that tracks your speed, distance, time, and calories.
Comes almost completely assembled in the shipping carton, the Phoenix 98516 Easy-Up Manual Treadmill requires very little assembly work. And the machine folds and locks in the upright position for storage when you are not using it.
The company behind this manual treadmill is Phoenix Health & Fitness, Inc. based in California, USA. Phoenix Health & Fitness offers a complete line of high-quality exercise equipment to the in-home and light commercial markets.
In fact the Phoenix 98516 Easy-Up Manual Treadmill is quite similar in construction to another Phoenix's model, Phoenix 98510 Easy-Up Manual Treadmill. The main difference between the two models is the handle design. Other differences are listed in the comparison chart further down this page.
Specifications & Features at a glance
- Heavy duty weighted flywheel
- Walking surface (inches): 41.5 L x 13.5 W
- Maximum user Weight (lbs): 250
- Display: Battery powered single-button electronic monitors speed, distance, time, and estimated calories burned (two AA batteries included)
- Open dimensions (inches): 46 W x 50 H x 21 D
- Folds and locks in the upright position for storage using the fold up lock knob
- Set Up Weight (lbs): 44
- Shipping Weight (lbs): 48.8
- Warranty: 90 days parts, 1 year frame
1. Very limited assembly required because the machine comes almost completely assembled in the shipping carton.
2. Easy to fold up for storage or move around.
3. Relatively quiet operation.
4. Narrow belt (13-1/2 inches) has the advantage of reduced friction between the belt and roller. This means lesser strength is needed to get the machine running.
5. Affordable - Great value for the retail price of about $130 to $150.
1. The incline is fixed at about 8 degrees. An incline is necessary because it uses your own body weight and momentum to move or slide the belt. There is no flexibility to choose a second incline position. You can of course try putting something under the back of the base to change the incline, but it is NOT a good practice as it can cause injury.
2. Single flywheel: Workout is not as smooth as models fitted with two flywheels.
3. At 44 pounds, this treadmill is fairly light-weight. You may find it a little flimsy.
4. Narrow treadbelt of 13-1/2 inches - A narrower belt lets you start the treadmill using less strength but it has a drawback as some users may find a narrower belt awfully difficult to walk on with their feet side by side. (Hint: Check the span between the outer periphery of your 2 feet as you stand with your feet spaced apart for normal walking to see if it's more than 13.50 inches, since the walking surface of the treadmill is only 13.50 inches wide.)
5. 250-pound user weight capacity - If your body weight exceeds 250 pounds this machine is not right for you because the rated maximum user weight of this treadmill is 250 pounds.
Our Rating : 3.6 of 5
Is this Phoenix 98516 Easy-Up Manual Treadmill right for you?
Like to get a better idea? There are more than 100 customer reviews and comments for this treadmill model in the Amazon.com marketplace that can help:
Like a manual treadmill with wider walking area?
Or, would you rather go with a budget motorized treadmill? Then take a look at Cheap Treadmills - Top 3 Treadmills Below $500 and see if any of them fit your budget.